Chiropractic care has so many benefits. But, one of the lesser known outcomes is reducing pain from many types of headaches that impact your daily routine and quality of life.
If you get regular headaches, you know exactly what we are talking about. From having to take over-the-counter pain relievers to avoiding activities with even minimal noise, headaches can take over your life! But if you’re looking for a non-invasive way to stop them, chiropractic adjustments and care could be right for you.
Types of Headaches That Respond Well to Chiropractic Care
Some of the more common types of headaches we treat in our Chandler chiropractic clinic are tension, migraine and cervicogenic. We also see sinus headaches and cluster headaches.
- Tension-type headaches commonly present as band-like tension around the head.
- Migraines tend to cause pain on one side and are accompanied by nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
- With cervicogenic headaches, the neck is the source of the problem but the pain is usually found in one or more areas of the head and/or face. The causes of headaches are not always well known but a family history of headaches, neck stiffness, and stress are common factors according to research.
- Cluster headaches may also be able to be treated by a chiropractor. These are unusual but painful for sure. The headache usually starts when there is some sort of nerve issue in the face. Usually the pain is one-sided and on that side, you may see twitching, sweating or sometimes paralysis.
- We also encounter sinus headaches. Behind your nasal passages are various sinuses. If they fill with fluid, you may feel a change in pressure. This can lead to a headache – one that we have many treatment options for which can help reduce the pain and minimize the issue.
What will our chiropractors do when you come in for headaches?
We can assess, diagnose and help treat or manage your headaches. Research shows that chiropractic care, including manual therapy, can be helpful in treating cervicogenic and tension headaches. Furthermore, other studies have shown that these treatments can reduce both the intensity and frequency of migraines.
Treatment Options for Headaches
Chiropractic care for headache relief here may include things like manual therapy, soft tissue therapy, stretch therapy, modalities like electrical stimulation, ultrasound, recommendations for lifestyle changes and education, referrals and co-management, and more. We will work to create a treatment plan that is individualized for you, your pain and your headaches.
Our chiropractic office is located in Chandler, AZ but we provide headache relief for clients from all over the area including Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, and Tempe. Simply give us a call and schedule an appointment today!